What’s in the Box?
- Aurora 'classic' Camera
- Picatinny Rail Mount for Aurora*
- Picatinny Rail Mount for the IR 940nm Illuminator
- 2 SX-50 Lithium-Ion Batteries (Camera); Wall Charger; Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- 2 18650 Lithium-Ion Batteries (IR Light)
- Micro SD Card & Adapter
- IR 940nm Illuminator
- Micro USB Cable (Camera or Illuminator Batteries Charger)
- Allen Wrenches
NOTE: Information on using the Camera can be found in the User Manual (Click Here).
*Picatinny rail mount is intended for use with .223 or 5.56 caliber weapons; higher caliber may damage the Aurora camera.
Attach the Picatinny Rail Mount to the Aurora
The Picatinny rail mount is designed to fit in the 1/4”-20 standard mount on the bottom of your camera.
- Align the guide post on the mount with the guide hole on the bottom of the camera.
- Align and tighten the screw on the mount into the screw hole on the camera.
- Loosen the quick release screw on the mount to approximate the spacing of the Picatinny rail.
- Place the mounted camera on the rail and close the quick-release latch.
Attach the Picatinny Rail Mount to the IR 940nm Illuminator
The Picatinny rail mount is designed to attach the Illuminator to your rifle.
- Loosen the four screws on the mount using the attached Allen wrench.
- Remove the battery cap on the Illuminator.
- Place the battery with the positive (+) end in.
- Slide the mount onto the Illuminator from the battery end.
- Replace the battery cap and re-tighten the four screws.
- Place the mounted Illuminator on the rail and close the quick-release latch.
Power Saving Tips
- Turn the camera off whenever you’re not using it.
- Turn off WiFi, GPS, EIS, audio and chimes.
- Reduce the brightness of the Viewfinder.
- Enable the Auto Power Off feature.
Storage and Handling
- Avoid exposing your camera to very cold or very hot temperatures to avoid shortening battery life.
- Keep the battery away from heat and fire.
- Do not dry the camera or battery with an external heat source such as a microwave oven or hair dryer.
- Do not store your battery with metal objects, such as coins, keys or necklaces.
- If the battery terminals come in contact with metal objects, this may cause a fire.
- Do not make any alterations to the camera.
- Do not use unauthorized chargers. Doing so may compromise safety, regulatory compliance, performance, and void the warranty.
- Do not drop, disassemble, open, crush, bend, deform, puncture, shred, microwave, incinerate or paint the camera or battery.
- Do not insert foreign objects into the battery opening on the camera.
- If the battery doesn’t fit, check the orientation and do not force it into the opening.
- Do not use the camera or the battery if it has been damaged – for example, if cracked, punctured or harmed by water.
- Stop using the battery if there are noticeable abnormalities such as abnormal smell, heat, deformities or discoloration.
- Disassembling or puncturing the battery can cause an explosion or fire.
- Many localities have laws in place requiring battery recycling.
To safely dispose of lithium-ion batteries, protect terminals from exposure to other metal.
- Lithium-ion batteries contain recyclable materials and are accepted for recycling by the rechargeable
battery recycling coloration’s (RBRC) battery recycling program.
- Visit Call2Recycle.org or call 1-800-BATTERY in North America to find a convenient recycling location.
WARNING: Never dispose of a battery in a fire because it may explode.
- Only use manufacturer-recommended replacement batteries for your camera.
- Keep the battery away from infants and children under 5 years old.
- Make sure to supervise children and instruct them on the proper use and care of the battery.
SiOnyx Customer Care
833-SiOnyx 1 (833-746-6991)
SiOnyx Product Return / Exchange Limited Warranty Policy
What’s Covered by This Limited Warranty
SiOnyx, LLC (“SiOnyx” or “we”) warrants to the original end-user purchaser (“you”) the SiOnyx-branded product and accessories contained in the original packaging (“SiOnyx Product”), against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with SiOnyx’s published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser (“Warranty Period”). The Warranty Period for the Aurora Explorers Edition, when purchased after July 8, 2019, is TWO (2) YEARS.
SiOnyx’s published guidelines include, but are not limited to, information contained in technical specifications, user manuals, and service communications. This limited warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where the SiOnyx Product was purchased, provided that said country is on the list of specified countries in which we sell the Aurora camera. If the SiOnyx Product fails within the Warranty Period we will, within a commercially reasonable time, free of charge, either repair or replace it as described below.
What’s Not Covered by This Limited Warranty
This limited warranty does not apply to any non-SiOnyx branded hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with SiOnyx hardware. Manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers, other than SiOnyx, may provide their own warranties to you – please contact them for further information. Software distributed by SiOnyx with or without the SiOnyx brand (including, but not limited to, system software) is not covered by this limited warranty. Please refer to the licensing agreement accompanying the software for details of your rights with respect to its use. SiOnyx does not warrant that the operation of the SiOnyx Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. SiOnyx is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the SiOnyx Product’s use.
This limited warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches (including to lenses), dents, and broken plastic on ports; (c) to damage caused by use with another product; (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, tampering, liquid (beyond IP67 certification), grit, impact, fire, lack of proper care or maintenance, earthquake, or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the SiOnyx Product outside SiOnyx’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by use of unauthorized parts or by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of SiOnyx or a SiOnyx Authorized Service Provider (“SASP”); (g) to a SiOnyx Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of SiOnyx; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the SiOnyx Product; or (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the SiOnyx Product.
What Are Your Remedies Under this Limited Warranty?
All warranty claims will require an RMA number. To discuss a warranty claim and acquire an RMA number, please call SiOnyx Aurora Customer Care at (833) SiOnyx 1 (833-746-6991). You will be required to furnish a sales receipt/proof of purchase indicating date of purchase, amount paid and place of purchase. If a claim is received within the Warranty Period and the SiOnyx Product is found to have failed based on a phone evaluation by SiOnyx Aurora Customer Care we will, at our option, repair the camera or accessory, or exchange the camera or accessory with a product that is new, or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or exchange the camera or accessory with a product that is a new and upgraded model which has at least equivalent or upgraded function to the original product.
As far as applicable laws permit, the Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to subsequent exchange, resale, repair, or replacement of the camera or accessory. However, part(s) repaired or replaced during the Warranty Period will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or for ninety (90) days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
Warranty Limitations Subject to Consumer Law
To the extent permitted by law, this limited warranty and the remedies set forth are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, remedies, and conditions, whether oral, written, statutory, express, or implied and represent our entire liability for any breach of this limited warranty. Except as provided in this limited warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages or losses, whether direct or indirect, resulting from the use of this product, or arising out of any breach of this limited warranty.
SiOnyx disclaims all statutory and implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and warranties against hidden or latent defects, to the extent permitted by law. In so far as such warranties cannot be disclaimed, SiOnyx limits the duration and remedies of such warranties to the duration of this express limited warranty and, at SiOnyx’s option, the repair or replacement services described above. Some states (countries or provinces) do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty (or condition) may last, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitations described above may not apply to you.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state (or by country or province). Other than as permitted by law, SiOnyx does not exclude, limit, or suspend other rights you may have, including those that may arise from the nonconformity of a sales contract. For a full understanding of your rights you should consult the laws of your country, province, or state.
You may return merchandise for a refund of the product price, or exchange, if the return is made within 14 days of receipt of the item. Refunds will exclude any return shipping charges and a 15% restocking fee. You are responsible for all shipping charges for return shipping, except for out of box failures deemed failures by SiOnyx Aurora Customer Care. All returns will require an RMA number. To discuss a return and acquire an RMA number, please call SiOnyx Aurora Customer Care at (833) SiOnyx 1 (833-746-6991). All orders must be inspected by customers within 30 days of the date of purchase. After this time, SiOnyx will not be responsible for items damaged in shipping, lost, or any other issues not related to technical support.
Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition. Items must be in the original, undamaged manufacturer product packaging with all parts and paperwork, including instruction booklets and packing inserts. Please do not place stickers or shipping labels on the original manufacturer’s product package.
We will not accept C.O.D. shipments or products without an RMA number. Products shipped to our facility without an RMA number will be disposed of. There will be no question or other recourse regarding this process.
Please allow up to 10 (ten) business days (from the time we receive the return) for your exchange or return to be processed. Return address will be provided to you by SiOnyx Customer Care when you call for an RMA number.
Questions? Please contact SiOnyx Customer Care at (833) SiOnyx 1 (833-746-6991).