The Aurora battery is an SX-50 Lithium-ion battery, also known as an NP-50.
CLICK HERE to view a video about charging the battery.
- Insert the battery into its slot.
- Plug the included cable into the micro USB port. (To access the USB port, pull out the rubber flap under the Settings dial.)
- It takes about two hours to fully charge the battery. The camera needs to be turned OFF to charge the battery.
- Using WiFi will discharge your battery more rapidly.
- A fully charged battery is generally good for about two hours of continuous video recording.
Varieties of NP-50 batteries can be found on Amazon. Example: CLICK HERE.
(SiOnyx does not manufacture, sell, or support the NP-50 battery on Amazon referred to above. Please use responsibly and at your own risk.)
Remaining Battery Level
|Full: 100% to 80%|
|3/4: 80% to 50% *note that this is the minimum level required to execute firmware upgrade. USB connection is recommended for power backup.|
|2/4: 50% to 20%|
|Low (1/4): 20% to Power down|